Active Outdoors Podcast
- The Strathdearn in Tomatin and Baxters Loch Ness Marathon October 17, 2021
- The first Torvean Parkrun in Inverness and the Etape Loch Ness August 30, 2021
- Etape Loch Ness 2021 preview August 20, 2021
- Inverness Hi-Bike hire scheme offers a fun way to get around November 26, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: Live events and charities reporter Imogen James took to the streets of Inverness on one of the city's new e-bikes
- Returning to nature in the wilds of Glen Affric November 19, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: John Davidson makes time for an autumn visit to a place often described as the most beautiful glen in Scotland
- New project aims to develop online resource for wild swimmers November 16, 2021The University of the Highlands and Islands has launched a new project to develop an online resource for wild swimmers.
- Call for "life-saving" Loch Ness-side low-level path funding November 15, 2021A low-level path to secure a safe route for walkers and cyclists near the A82 will save lives, it has been claimed.
- Children call for more bike space at Inverness Kidical Mass protest ride during COP26 November 12, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: John Davidson and his children join families and others calling for better active travel infrastructure in the Highland capital
- Mountain rescues prompt police warning to walkers and hikers November 5, 2021Police are warning walkers and climbers in the Highlands to take proper precautions after a recent spate of mountain rescue call-outs.
- Ten-year-old trail finds route to success on Loch Ness November 5, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: John Davidson picks out some favourite routes incorporating the 10-year-old South Loch Ness Trail
- Capturing a moment in time on walk into the past October 29, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: John Davidson enjoys a family walk on fascinating trails at Knockan Crag national nature reserve in north-west Sutherland
Scottish Walks & Cycling
Some of the cycle routes I've written for Scottish Walks & Cycling magazine