Active Outdoors Podcast
- WATCH: Ultra-runners set off from Fort William on 400km race through the Highlands August 1, 2021Almost 100 runners took their first steps on their journey from Fort William to the north-west on Sunday as the Cape Wrath Ultra got under way.
- Mountain bothies in Scotland remain closed for now August 1, 2021Mountain bothies in Scotland are to remain closed despite the recent switch to level zero across the country.
- Community takes a step towards buyout of Old Forge Inn at Knoydart July 31, 2021Locals are set to be offered shares to buy mainland Britain's remotest pub.
- Volunteers wanted to bag soil from mountain tops in Cairngorms National Park July 31, 2021Hill walkers are being asked to take more than just photographs at summits in the Cairngorms this summer.
- Yoga will help introduce a day in the hills July 31, 2021It will really keep your mind, body and soul in peak condition. For Mountaineering Scotland is launching a course offering yoga with Munro-bagging.
- Warning to hill walkers as stalking season steps up July 30, 2021Scotland’s nature agency, NatureScot, is urging hill walkers to check for deer stalking information before setting out.
- Cloudless skies inspire exploration of six Munros above Loch Callater July 30, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: Jenny Gillies makes a change of plan as she explores the high tops around Jock's Road in the southern Cairngorms
- LISTEN: The latest episode of the Active Outdoors podcast focuses on Moray Way bikepacking trip July 26, 2021Over two sun-soaked days, John Davidson joins friends on a bikepacking trip on the Moray Way route, and talks e-bikes, adventure plans and ice cream!
Scottish Walks & Cycling
Some of the cycle routes I've written for Scottish Walks & Cycling magazine