Like so many other things, the Highland Cross has been absent from the calendar for the last couple of years,
- Heat is on for family cycle in forest August 12, 2022John Davidson makes the most of the summer sun with a ride to Loch an Eilein in the Rothiemurchus forest with the family
- ACTIVE OUTDOORS: Glenfinnan Viaduct Trail is magical walk for Harry Potter fans – but muggles need to plan for parking problems August 5, 2022A lovely walk under the spectacular Glenfinnan Viaduct is just reward for John Davidson, who advises checking ahead to avoid the parking chaos
- New Great Glen Way diversion will avoid Coire Glas hydro scheme works August 3, 2022Great Glen Way users will soon be able to take the high road on another section of the long-distance route after a new diversion was put in place.
- Heading for the Scottish hills? Check for deer stalking activity on Highland estates August 2, 2022Hillwalkers should check for information about deer stalking before setting out during the busiest part of the season.
- ACTIVE OUTDOORS: Idyllic night is true wild adventure July 29, 2022A wild camp in Upper Glen Feshie makes for a fine family outing for John Davidson as he shares the ethos of leaving no trace
Scottish Walks & Cycling
Some of the cycle routes I've written for Scottish Walks & Cycling magazine