Active Outdoors Podcast
- Discovering hydro history on Falls of Orrin circular walk April 9, 2021John Davidson heads out to find a waterfall on a nice woodland loop – and urges people to be responsible in the outdoors as restrictions ease
- Dreaming of adventures to come on trails close to home April 2, 2021John Davidson takes the mountain bike for a trip on some off-road trails around some of the lochs in the hills to the south of Inverness
- Covid lockdown separated author from his inspiration April 1, 2021Highland author John D Burns was stopped in his tracks by the start of lockdown last year.
- Mountain bothies in 'wild and lonely places' in the Highlands and Islands must not be used until clear Covid–19 guidance is issued March 29, 2021The Mountain Bothie Association (MBA) has issued a statement reminding walkers that bothies should not be used, other than in an emergency.
- MTB trail around corner for school kids March 26, 2021Pupils at Inverness Royal Academy are hoping to get their own mountain bike skills course built on the school grounds.
- LISTEN: Active Outdoors launches new outdoors podcast from the Highlands March 26, 2021Our long-running series for lovers of the great outdoors has launched a new podcast.
- Wildlife and solitude on local hills March 26, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS John Davidson enjoys a day in the hills when he climbs Beinn Bhuidhe in the Monadhliath using the access route to Dunmaglass wind farm
- Highland hill walkers, naturalists and outdoor enthusiasts wanted for first major study of mountain hares March 22, 2021Organisers say gathering more accurate information about them will help inform conservation efforts.
Scottish Walks & Cycling
Some of the cycle routes I've written for Scottish Walks & Cycling magazine