Active Outdoors Podcast
- Stride out on the Deeside Way June 20, 2021The author of a new guide to the walking and cycling route shares his experience of the trail – and of Royal Deeside off the beaten track
- Be a considerate camper and do the right thing June 20, 2021After widely reported problems of 'dirty camping', Neil Reid of Mountaineering Scotland looks at how you can be a 'considerate camper'
- Q&A: Tim Hamlet, Assynt Mountain Rescue Team leader and outdoors instructor June 19, 2021The 34-year-old tells John Davidson more about the experience of rescuing and his love of the outdoors
- Bright idea for a summer stroll on Speyside June 18, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: Jenny Gillies takes her time to enjoy a summer walk along the Speyside Way, taking in parts of the new Rothes Way
- Time is right for changing of the guard June 11, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: An evening run on the south side of Loch Ness gives John Davidson a welcome reward after a tough climb on a wonderful trail
- Outdoors writer on track to publish new guide to the Deeside Way June 6, 2021A journalist and outdoors writer in the Highlands has turned his attentions on the Deeside Way with a new guide dedicated to the long-distance trail.
- Community group gives woodland a new lease of life June 4, 2021Volunteers with a community woodland have planted thousands of trees and improved paths – and now they are starting to enjoy the benefits.
- Power from the glens on Monadhliath Trail June 4, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: John Davidson is on the mountain bike on a route through a wind farm and past a hydro reservoir
Scottish Walks & Cycling
Some of the cycle routes I've written for Scottish Walks & Cycling magazine