Active Outdoors Podcast
- Make time to stop in Strathdearn and discover a world of adventure September 17, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: John Davidson takes a ride over the hills to Strathdearn, where he learns about a community hub offering more than just a quick fix
- Trail aims to promote sustainable tourism as route marks 10th anniversary September 16, 2021A long-distance trail near Inverness can play a key role in the drive for low-carbon tourism, according to the organisation behind the route.
- Running on the edge September 10, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: John Davidson spends a glorious afternoon exploring the sights around Wick Bay in the far north
- Inverness outdoors writer publishes guide to the Deeside Way September 7, 2021A Highland-based outdoors writer has published the first guide to one of Scotland's long-distance trails.
- From suburbia to the sublime – introducing family to the delights of Torridon September 3, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: A great family walk in Torridon as John Davidson shares an easy circuit of Loch Clair and Loch Coulin
- LISTEN: Active Outdoors podcast is at Torvean Parkrun and the Etape Loch Ness August 31, 2021John Davidson enjoys a double header of events with the new Torvean Parkrun in Inverness followed by the Etape Loch Ness cycle sportive.
- Gold stars all round as Etape Loch Ness returns August 27, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: As the Etape Loch Ness finally returns, John Davidson gets back in the saddle to experience to 66-mile closed-road sportive again
- Hundreds make way to first Torvean Parkrun at new Inverness venue August 23, 2021Parkrun returned to Inverness on Saturday as hundreds of walkers and runners descended on the new Torvean park.
Scottish Walks & Cycling
Some of the cycle routes I've written for Scottish Walks & Cycling magazine