Active Outdoors Podcast
- The Strathdearn in Tomatin and Baxters Loch Ness Marathon October 17, 2021
- The first Torvean Parkrun in Inverness and the Etape Loch Ness August 30, 2021
- Etape Loch Ness 2021 preview August 20, 2021
- Hill walkers urged to get kitted up as seasons change October 19, 2021The body that represents the majority of Scotland's mountain rescue teams has warned of an increasing number of incidents on the hills.
- LISTEN: New episode of the Active Outdoors podcast October 18, 2021Former Cairngorms National Park chief executive Duncan Bryden talks about a community venture in Tomatin, including some great walking and cycling.
- Ready to rock on Beinn Fhada scramble October 15, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: John Davidson is joined by Peter Evans on a Kintail Munro that offers an interesting hands-on ridge route for a more challenging day
- Long wait for feeling of normality at Loch Ness Marathon October 8, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: Thousands hit the streets as the Loch Ness Marathon returned to Inverness at the weekend. Here, Meg Davidson shares her experience
- Going back in time on hike to An Sithean October 1, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: Traditional ways persist in the hills, as Peter Evans discovers on this ascent of a remote Corbett in Strathconon
- A Golspie getaway – cycling through Strath Brora and Dunrobin Glen September 24, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: Getting on the beaten track just a stone’s throw from the A9 as John Davidson describes a cycle route in Sutherland
- Make time to stop in Strathdearn and discover a world of adventure September 17, 2021ACTIVE OUTDOORS: John Davidson takes a ride over the hills to Strathdearn, where he learns about a community hub offering more than just a quick fix
- Trail aims to promote sustainable tourism as route marks 10th anniversary September 16, 2021A long-distance trail near Inverness can play a key role in the drive for low-carbon tourism, according to the organisation behind the route.
Scottish Walks & Cycling
Some of the cycle routes I've written for Scottish Walks & Cycling magazine